United Good Neighbors of Jefferson County invites you to help celebrate the spirit of giving in Jefferson County by joining us for a celebration event at the Port Townsend Yacht Club on Thursday, February 12th at 5:00pm. Join us for food, conversation and congratulations! Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org .
What is there to celebrate? As a community, we are moving closer to the 2014 campaign goal. Though not quite to our ambitious $400,000 mark, we are edging closer and closer! With 5 weeks to go in our campaign, and results from the Mill and Jefferson Healthcare yet to come, we are confident the community can help us get there, and that is cause for celebration.
As overall donations from our community grows each year, we are able to allocate more funds to nonprofits programs that address basic needs, support youth and seniors and strengthen the safety net for individuals and families in Jefferson County.
Good News! United Good Neighbors is well-positioned to increase funds allocated to local nonprofits by 25%. UGN’s annual allocations have been trending upwards over the past 5 years, thanks to the generous support of local businesses, workplaces and individual contributors.
UGN also saw an increase in funds earmarked for specific programs by donors. These designated funds are in addition to the grant allocations. In 2014, donors designated $47,236 to programs of their choice. Recipients of these earmarked donations receive 100% of the funds designated.
There is still time to be a part of the UGN Campaign I look forward to celebrating a successful campaign with the Community on February 12, Steve Rafoth, 2014 UGN Campaign Coordinator.
You can help United Good neighbors achieve our campaign goal by sending contributions to United Good Neighbors of Jefferson County, 201 Patison, Suite B, Port Hadlock, WA 98368 or call 360-385-3797. To donate online, click here!
The United Good Neighbors grant applications for 2015 funding are now available online. UGN has a two phase process for agencies applying for funding. The first phase is Certification and the second is Allocation. Certification allows an organization to qualify as an applicant for funding by ensuring that it meets a genuine health or human service need in Jefferson County, serves Jefferson County residents, and has sound financial practices.
Nonprofits applying for UGN funding for the first time in 2015, and those who have not applied for funding in the past three years must complete the Agency Certification Application 2015 and return it with all required attachments to UGN by January 15, 2015. New applicants are also required to have an on-site visitation from an Allocation Committee member.
Once your organization is certified, you may complete the 2015 Agency Application form which is due to UGN on or before February 17, 2015.
|December 5, 2014||Certification materials and application materials available on UGN website.|
|January 15, 2015||Certification forms due in UGN office by 5 pm electronically, or in person.|
|February 17, 2015||Applications for funding are due in UGN office by 5pm electronically, or in person.|
|February 27, 2015||Allocations committee convenes to receive copies of applications & assignments.|
|March 2015||Applicants receive on-site visits.|
|April 2015||Allocations committee makes funding recommendations to UGN Board of Directors.|
|May 2015||First half of allocations funds are distributed to funded programs|
Steve Rafoth, Owner, Enclume
Amy Smith, The Boiler Room
|Claudia Edmondson, Camp Beausite|
|Joyce Cardinal, Jefferson Health||Kris Becker, Jumping Mouse|
|Kim Hammers, UGN Board||Penny Westerfield, Jefferson Health|
|Michael Sheehan, Wells Fargo||Rita Hubbard, Port Townsend Paper|
- Your Donation Dollar Counts! We have an ambitious goal to raise $400,000 for this year’s campaign…and we are well on our way to reaching that goal!
- Watch for the campaign brochure! It should arrive in your mailbox this week.
- Your Sneak Preview: You can watch the 2014 Campaign Video. Let us know what you think. Leave a comment below.
- The UGN Campaign presentations are underway. Would you like to have UGN present to your business or community group? Contact Debbie at 360-385-3797
Keeping you up-to-date: we’ll have regular stories and updates in the Leader and the PDN. And we’ll keep you up-to-date on our campaign results with our UGN Newsletter. Stay tuned.
- Be a voice for UGN in your community. You can be a UGN Ambassador!
Every Donation Dollar Counts!
You can be a part of achieving our $400,000 campaign goal! Every donation dollar does count…your dollar makes a difference!
- Watch for you campaign brochure to arrive in the mail
- Watch UGNs Campaign video and share the link with friends.
- Consider increasing your donation this Fall.
- Encourage (maybe even challenge) your friends, colleagues and community members support UGN
- Invite a UGN representative to come and speak to your community or business group.
- Ask your neighbor if they’ve seen the United Good Neighbors Brochure and tell them how your investment dollars support friends and neighbors!
- Engage with us on Facebook and share campaign news through you networks
- Where your UGN t-shirt (contact UGN for a free t-shirt, if you don’t have one already)
- Watch the thermometers around town inch towards our goal and smile, knowing that donation dollars improve lives in Jefferson County!